THE TWELVE STEPS OF EMOTIONS ANONYMOUS
1. We admitted we were powerless over emotions, that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to our selves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and, when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understand Him, praying only for knowledge of God’s will for us and the power to carry it out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
The Twelve Steps reprinted and adapted with permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.